I posted this yesterday but it disappeared so here it is again
Our second session was taught by Annette and we used the Split Tree Kit that Barbara had used in one of the Classroom Lessons on C and C.
We stamped the split tree in the centre of some Clarity Card and then added some cotton wool , teased into small wispy bits , soaked in Versamark ink to make the clouds, a mask for the moon and a torn mask for the sky and the land. Brayering gave us the sky and grass and we used a make-up sponge to add colour to the ground area.
We drew two wires usinga black micron pen and drew two birds on one of them. We then added leaves and blossom to the trees.
Split trees and Birds on a Wire
Our final project was by Barbara and was her attempt to break out of the mantra that everything has to be perfect. This was more of a freestyle project. We used bubble-wrap and versamark, brayering, spritzing and cling-film to give us a background.
We then used a templtae of the Parisian Skyline and used make-up sponges to add colour to give us a silhouette of the skyline.
Some of us overstamped using a selection of Clarity Stamps but I chose to leave it as it was. I may add some stamping at a later date. I am going to try this using the London Skyline – watch this space.
Many thanks to Barbara, Annette, Dave (who manned the shop) and Heather who helped out and made copious cups of tea and coffee. A great day was had by all ( and theyhad to do it all again for the Friday workshop)
Roll on 2013
Suitably refreshed we moved on to Project 3 which , in my case, turned out to be two gay fishermen in Love( it was supposed to be lovers in a boat but I picked up the wrong stamp.)
Anyway, we stamped and embossed the LOVE frame in the centre of our card. We then stamped it onto some cop paper and cut out the cenytre of the O to make a mask for stamping through. This was placed over the gold image and we used two small masks to give a moon in the sky and one in the reflection. We brayered the sky and then brayered over some crumpled paper to give a pattern for the water. This was brayered over the bottom half of the O.
The lovers , or in my case fishermen, were stamped into the O and the mask removed. A post-it note as used to cover the whole of the image before using the same techniques to rayer a sky and water around the Love image. When removed and a wiggly gold outline added it gives the effect of being matted onto another piece of card. A couple of doves were stamped to finish it off.
Love and the Gay Fishermen
I was lucky enough to attend a workshop with Barbara on Thursday 21st June 2012.
It was a wonderful day filled with enjoyment, laughter and some great instruction from Barbara and Annette. We strated with some pattern-buildong using one of Barbara’s versatile corner stamps and themoved on to our first piece of work.
This was a flock of sheep and the Twiggy Frame. First of all we made our masks for our sheep and then we stamped and embossed the twiggy frame with black EP and then used the Versamrk pen to go over the twiggy part. We then stamped and masked our flock of sheep before brayering over the whole piece of card to make sky and the landscape . (Barbara makes this look sooooeasy on the TV but it takes a bit of practise) The versamark on the twigs resisited the ink to leave them white. We covered the sheep and the snowy bit with paper and spritzed the sky with water and blotted it with copy paper- this gave us a snowy effect.Before removing our sheep masks we added some colour around their legs to ground them.
After removing the masks we were left with a flock of white sheep in a snowy landscape. Not perfect but I like it.
Flock of Sheep with Twiggy Frame