I entered the Paperartsy 3up challenge not really knowing what it was all about, and when my envelope arrived this is what it contained
The challenge was to make one item from the contents of the envelope, using the colours in he colour swatch.
I decided upon a Victorian Hanging and this is how I did it
I painted the triangle with white acrylic paint and then used a mask to mask off the rose shapes and swirls and used a lavender colour acrylic paint over the top. When dry I brushed Saddle Brown StazOn over the top to ‘knock it back’ a bit. I also brushed Adirondack Espresso around the edges and stamped images and words with it too. The image was stamped with the StazOn and I used Tim Holtz crackle glaze over the top and glued it to the triangle.
Next I decoupaged the wings and used Gold Stickles on the top layer, and then edged the stamped image with Perfect Pearls in Orchid.
I coloured some cream velvet ribbon with the StazOn and used it as a hanger and to trim the bottom point. The scalloped circle was coloured with a mixture of acrylic paint and stazOn and stamped in stazOn and I added a greeny-brown jewelled brad to cover the hole. The two square pink satin embellishments were stamped with part of the stamp and glued on. I then used some gold Stickles to highlight parts of the triangle to give it a more Victorian feel.
Please check out the Paperartsy blog to see what other creations were made using different items but the same colours.